The Terminal Affair - Re-Visited

Monday, May 25, 2009 | |


The Terminal Affair - Re-Visited

In the midst of mid-day blossoming day dream,
sat drawn on cloth and on cushion,
a glimpse of beauty changes thoughts train,
perception more often than not causes pain,
attention to detail feels ordinarily humane.

The air that day so crisp in a cheap sort of way,
as if it had been manufactured then purchased
such a grim outlook on the state of city living,
until a moment changes everything, how unforgiving.

I sat drawn on cloth and on cushion,
and nothing made things clearer than,
the tranquility that absorbed the surmise,
wings that moved faster than blinking eyes.

Infinite silence as surroundings pause for seconds,
all but these almost gravity defying motions,
two creatures out of place in my neighborhood beckon,
in a garden that seemed to bloom over night.

I found in the midst of mid-day blossoming day dream,
such a beautiful thing,
the koi and the hummingbird, the reason I called,
such bliss, such beauty stopped time just for me.

But as I look back I think it was the sound of your voice
that made the moment worth ink,
it was with you that I had it to share,
and made all the pain, the city, the time, this air,
the terminal affair.

0 comments: